Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Let's Have a Parade

There are countless small community events around the world with fairy tale themes and I have posted on a few in the past. This one charmed me so I thought I'd share it as an extra today. Here's the article link: Gurnee Days parade has 'cool theme': Fairy tales, folklore paint hometown cavalcade. Gurnee is a suburb of Chicago in case you didn't know.

Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, Peter Pan and sugar plum fairies were sighted Sunday afternoon. It wasn't a fairy tale convention; it was community members making the most of the "fairy tales and folklore" theme in the Gurnee Days parade.

Now that's a fun theme for a parade, if I say so myself. I'm biased, of course, but it sounds like fun was had by all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment