Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jack and the Beanstalk at the Beach



Today's the final day of Jack and the Beanstalk week. I have more to share in the future, but this week has been full of editing and writing so I will save my list for later.

The above image was found on the Flickr page of Daryl Sims. I saved it for Saturday. I know beach season is mostly over, but I always enjoy October weekends, this one is sunny and being outside is wonderful.

I'm always fascinated by artists who work in temporary mediums, especially sand and cake, since neither will last very long in the relative scheme of things. A friend who loves making cakes once explained to me that she finds the medium liberating since perfection is not necessary, she's knows its only temporary and thus she creates for the joy of creating instead of impressing or being burdened with another object to store.

But I still think: "All of that work! Gone!" Well, not so much when we have photos like this one.

And here's another bonus from the same album, featuring a fable this time:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think that Jack sculpture is the coolest sand castle I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete