Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fairy Tales in Stitches Week: Random Stuff


This is the last entry for Fairy Tales in Stitches Week. I saved these random patterns for last. They are offered by companies that have produced just one or two fairy tale patterns and don't necessarily specialize in fantasy designs.


Most of these are aimed more for hanging in children's rooms, but they are fun all the same.


The Jack and the Beanstalk pattern makes me giggle because it reminds me of the countless illuminated manuscripts and paintings I have seen of the Ascension where only feet are seen dangling from the clouds above wondering apostles. These have always tickled me for some reason. Perhaps because my dance training makes me want to say, "Point your toes!" It's a common device if you see enough of them (and being my mother's daughter, I have) and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this pattern. But I have digressed...


And here's two booklets, both available through sellers on Amazon for less than anywhere I've seen them. Do you spy Rumpelstiltskin, Little Red Riding Hood, and the Shoemaker's elves? It has been rather surprising that Little Red Riding Hood has been very absent this week relative to her popularity--no samplers or other designs--just the pattern based on Scott Gustafson's illustration. Someone really should get on that...


Fairy Tales in Cross Stitch by Christina Marsh


Fairy Tales in Cross Stitch by Dorothea Hall

I hope you've enjoyed this week. I had fun finding all of these designs over the past month, trying to decide on my winter project and then sharing them with you this past week.

Most of the patterns--and most of the images--I've shown this week are available through 123stitch.com. I am in no way affiliated with them or any of the designers I've discussed. However, I have ordered from 123 Stitch and been pleased as a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment