Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Event in NYC: Readings from My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me



My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales

Symphony Space in NYC is having a special event Wed. Oct. 27th at 7pm.:


Gregory Maguire, the author of Wicked, introduces stories by contemporary writers from the new collection, My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me, edited by Kate Bernheimer. Lili Taylor (Six Feet Under), Christine Ebersole (Grey Gardens) and Sonia Manzano (Sesame Street) perform stories by Joyce Carol Oates, Kim Addonizio, Ilya Kaminsky, and Jonathon Keats. These varied modern spins on classic fairy tales are set in a loft in Manhattan, a futuristic alternate universe, and enchanted, haunting worlds out of time.

You can read a little more about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment