Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Previewing Sabuda's Beauty and the Beast



Beauty & the Beast: A Pop-up Book of the Classic Fairy Tale

Beauty & the Beast: A Pop-up Book of the Classic Fairy Tale by Robert Sabuda will be released a week from today. He currently has a sneak peek of the elements for the dinner scene available on his website.

I captured a close up of the Beast from that page.  I am always fascinated by how illustrators portray the Beast and Sabuda's is certainly a new one.  What do you think?


Have I mentioned how excited I am about this book?  J'adore Sabuda's clever works and I am waiting to see what little surprises he has in store for us. I'm curious to see how he handles the transformation scene at the end, too.

My biggest excitement is knowing just how much I would have cherished the book as a child.  I have a large pop-up collection that is the favorite shelf of children visiting my house.  I also imagine this one will be gifted a few times...

1 comment:

  1. Beast looks so awesome. Somehow he looks like a fish but fluffy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete