Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Once Upon a Winter Wood by Megan Kearney

SurLaLuner Megan Kearney recently sent me an email, here's an excerpt:

I recently completed my thesis film for Sheridan College's Bachelor of Animation degree, and I thought it might be of interest to you (is my ego showing? Oh dear...) as it began as an adaptation of "Brother and Sister". The finished product has strayed considerably, as animated films do, from the source material (though I keep getting asked if it was based on Hansel and Gretel) but it's still lodged in a fairy-tale world. Your blog was a great source of inspiration for me while my film was in its infancy, and I'm very grateful! If you like, you can view "Once Upon a Winter Wood" on my website, thequietly.com, or on vimeo at http://vimeo.com/23235589.

Of course, I had to watch and then I had to share since it was fairy tale inspired. "Brother and Sister" is a favorite of mine and it is often intertwined with Hansel and Gretel in old retellings, so that makes it all the more interesting.

But without any further ado, here's Megan's video. Enjoy!

Once Upon a Winter Wood from Megan Kearney on Vimeo.


Great work, Megan. Made me think of all the lift-the-flap books the young ones in my life love so much, too.

3 comments: