Saturday, December 8, 2012

New Book: Elemental Magic: All-New Tales of the Elemental Masters by Mercedes Lackey



Elemental Magic: All-New Tales of the Elemental Masters by Mercedes Lackey was released this past week.

Book description:

Elemental Magic is the nineth book in the Elemental Masters series. It will feature all new stories featuring characters from the previous works.

That's the only description I can find. There is none on the publisher site. The above is from Lackey's site. Supposedly there are nineteen short stories in this collection. I am tempted to get it despite my lack of upkeep reading in the series. I admit I enjoyed the early books but lost interest after one of the books dragged too much for me, can't even remember the title, either Reserved for the Cat or Wizard of London or Unnatural Issue, I can't remember which is telling isn't it? I prefer these over Lackey's Hundred Kingdoms series since elemental magic is a spark for me and I enjoy the setting of this series. Then there's the references to beloved characters like Peter Wimsey and others. So I am tempted by short stories, since I like those in December when life is too tiring for me to settle into a full novel some nights. Hmmmm.....

Books in the Elemental Masters series:

The Fire Rose
The Serpent's Shadow
The Gates of Sleep
Phoenix and Ashes
Wizard of London
Reserved for the Cat
Unnatural Issue
Home from the Sea
Elemental Magic
Steadfast

No comments:

Post a Comment